MetaGuard MGi is the matched overlaminate to the 5 year Polymeric MD-i series. The 70 micron polymeric film, with solvent adhesive, gives a high
level of abrasion resistance and contains UV stabilisers. It can be used on flat or simple curves such as vehicle graphics. It is available in
Gloss or Matt finish. Fire Rating Class B [BS EN 13501-1:2007.] Suitable for Solvent, Eco Solvent and Latex inks.
- This product is suitable for cold lamination using a laminator.
- Ensure that the material has reached room temperature and a relative humidity of 50% before use.
- Suitable for use on Solvent, Eco Solvent inkjet and Latex prints on Metamark print media. Not suitable for UV prints.
- The product is matched to Metamark MD-i Series. The user should determine suitability of the overlaminate to other print media.
- Allow the inks to cure before overlaminating, usually 24-48 hours. Failure to do so can cause delamination, tunnelling and shrinkage.
- Apply around 30C on the top roller to prevent silvering of the adhesive.
- Refer to www.metamark.co.uk for further application guidelines.
- The user should determine suitability of the overlaminate to the print media.
Face Film Polymeric Calendered PVC
Gauge 70 micron nominal
Tensile Strength 49N/25mm MD / 47N/25mm TD
Elongation at break 180% MD nominal
Type Permanent solvent-based acrylic with
Weight 22gsm nominal
Adhesion to glass 20 mins 18N/25mm nominal
Adhesion to glass 24 hour 20N/25mm nominal
Perceived tack Medium
Application temperature +5C to +60C
Service temperature -30C to +110C
Print ‘Metamark Digital Vinyl’ purple print
Weight 140 gsm nominal
Type Layflat kraft paper with PE coating
The Metamark MD-i is used by our in house team and has been given the Signmaster Stamp of approval