Metamark MD3 is a high quality intermediate calendered vinyl, manufactured with Metamark’s distinctive coating technology. It is suitable for intermediate grade applications, such as
short-term vehicle graphics, display, point of sale and exhibition, and can be applied to most flat or slightly curved surfaces. MD3 features the latest Apex adhesive for your
assurance of high performance and clean removal from a permanent adhesive.
70 Micron Calendered Vinyl
■ Permanent Clear Solvent-Based Adhesive
■ Layflat PE Liner
■ Fire Rating Class B
■ Durability 5 Years (unprinted)
Printing and Handling
- Suitable for use on Solvent, Eco Solvent, Latex and U.V. inkjet printers. Always perform a test print first.
- Ensure that the correct profiles and heater settings are used.
- Ensure that the material has reached room temperature and a relative humidity of 50% before printing.
- Do not handle the face film directly and ensure it is free from dust and static.
- Overlamination is recommended to prevent abrasion and to extend colour fastness.
- Allow the inks to cure before overlaminating, this is usually 24-48 hours.
- The matched laminate for MD3 is MetaGuard 300. For all other laminates the user should determine suitability.
- Allow the inks to cure before cutting flush to the print, this is usually 24-48 hours.
- Apply unstressed, in particular to curves and recesses. It is not suitable for application over rivets or complex recesses.
- Suitable for wet application. Always apply dry into recesses, or where the print is cut flush, to ensure best adhesion.
- Not recommended for use on low energy surfaces such as polypropylene. The user should determine suitability of substrate