Metamark MD5 is a 7 year, self adhesive, high performance, polymeric calendered vinyl. It is designed for vehicle graphics, flat or slightly curved surfaces and is ideal for any long term outdoor signage.
Start using Metamark MD5 in your printer and you could be forgiven for thinking you’d had a hardware upgrade. Simply put, no other polymeric calendered material can give you the amazing quality you’ll get with MD5 across a whole range of inks – including Solvent, Eco-Solvent, UV and Latex – printers or applications. Before you buy new hardware, try MD5 from Metamark and prepare to be impressed.
- Suitable for use on Solvent, Eco Solvent, Latex and U.V. inkjet printers. Always perform a test print first.
- Ensure that the correct profiles and heater settings are used. Most profiles are available for download from
- Allow the inks to cure before cutting flush to the print. This is usually 24-48 hours. (Not applicable to Latex prints).
- Apply unstressed, in particular to curves and recesses. It is not suitable for application over rivets or complex recesses.
- Suitable for wet application. Always apply dry into recesses, and where the print is cut flush, to ensure best adhesion.
- Not recommended for use on low energy surfaces such as polypropylene. The user should determine suitability of substrate.
- Overlamination is recommended to prevent abrasion and to extend colour fastness.
- Allow the inks to cure before overlaminating, this is usually 24-48 hours.
- The matched laminate for MD5 is MetaGuard 700. For all other laminates the user should determine suitability.