Metamark MD5 is a 7 year, self adhesive, high performance, polymeric calendered vinyl.
It is designed for vehicle graphics, flat or slightly curved surfaces and is ideal for any long term outdoor signage.
Start using Metamark MD5 in your printer and you could be forgiven for thinking you’d had a hardware upgrade. Simply put, no other polymeric calendered material can give you the amazing quality you’ll get with MD5 across a whole range of inks – including Solvent, Eco-Solvent, UV and Latex – printers or applications. Before you buy new hardware, try MD5 from Metamark and prepare to be impressed.
Metamark MD5 is a high performance grade polymeric calendered self-adhesive vinyl for printers using solvent inks. The high quality film,
adhesive and liner, combined with Metamark’s distinctive coating technology provides outstanding print performance. MD5 is suitable for
application onto flat or slightly curved surfaces, such as vehicle graphics, retail signage and window graphics.
Printing and Handling
- Suitable for use on Solvent, Eco Solvent, Latex and U.V. inkjet printers. Always perform a test print first.
- Ensure that the correct profiles and heater settings are used. Most profiles are available for download from
- Ensure that the material has reached room temperature and a relative humidity of 50% before printing.
- Do not handle the face film directly and ensure it is free from dust and static.
- Allow the inks to cure before cutting flush to the print. This is usually 24-48 hours. (Not applicable to Latex prints)
- Apply unstressed, in particular to curves and recesses. It is not suitable for application over rivets or complex recesses.
- Suitable for wet application. Always apply dry into recesses, and where the print is cut flush, to ensure best adhesion.
- Not recommended for use on low energy surfaces such as polypropylene. The user should determine suitability of substrate.
- Overlamination is recommended to prevent abrasion and to extend colour fastness.
- Allow the inks to cure before overlaminating, this is usually 24-48 hours.
- The matched laminate for MD5 is MetaGuard 700. For all other laminates the user should determine suitability.
Face Film Polymeric calendered PVC
Gauge 70 micron nominal
Tensile Strength 47N/25mm MD / 43N/25mm TD nom.
Elongation at break 180% MD nominal
Type Permanent clear solvent-based acrylic
Weight 22gsm nominal
Adhesion to glass 20 mins 15N/25mm nominal
Adhesion to glass 24 hour 20N/25mm nominal
Perceived tack Medium
Application temperature +5C to +60C
Service temperature -30C to +110C
Print ‘Metamark Digital Vinyl’ grey print
Weight 140 gsm nominal
Type Layflat kraft with PE coating