This is Signmaster’s number 1 selling Polymeric vinyl and has been through our rigorous testing process. It has the Signmaster stamp of approval!
Metamark MD-i has been developed for medium term applications onto flat or simple curves, including vehicle graphics. The product features
a 70 micron polymeric calendered film and Apex solvent adhesive, giving 5 years outdoor durability. MD-i utilises Metamark’s distinctive
coating technology to offer outstanding print and colour vibrancy, with Solvent, Eco Solvent, Latex and UV inks.
Printing and Handling
- Suitable for use on Solvent, Eco Solvent, Latex and U.V. inkjet printers. Always perform a test print first.
- Ensure that the correct profiles and heater settings are used.
- Ensure that the material has reached room temperature and a relative humidity of 50% before printing.
- Do not handle the face film directly and ensure it is free from dust and static.
- Overlamination is recommended to prevent abrasion and to extend colour fastness.
- Allow the inks to cure before overlaminating, this is usually 24-48 hours.
- The matched laminate for MD-i is MetaGuard MGi. For all other laminates the user should determine suitability.
- Allow the inks to cure before cutting flush to the print, this is usually 24-48 hours.
- Apply unstressed, in particular to curves and recesses. It is not suitable for application over rivets or complex recesses.
- Suitable for wet application. Always apply dry into recesses, or where the print is cut flush, to ensure best adhesion.
- Not recommended for use on low energy surfaces such as polypropylene. The user should determine suitability of substrate.
Face Film: Polymeric Calendered PVC
Gauge: 70 micron nominal
Tensile Strength 49N/25mm MD / 47N/25mm TD nom.
Elongation at break 180% MD nominal
Type Permanent clear solvent-based acrylic
Weight 18gsm nominal
Adhesion to glass 20 mins 10N/25mm nominal
Adhesion to glass 24 hour 20N/25mm nominal
Perceived tack Medium
Application temperature +5C to +60C
Service temperature -30C to +110C
Print ‘Metamark Digital Vinyl’ purple print
Weight 140 gsm nominal
Type Layflat kraft paper with PE coating
Shelf Life 2 years
External weathering 5 years (International customers please
contact your local Metamark partner for
confirmation of durability).
This refers to the unprinted vinyl. Refer
to ink manufacturer for durability of the
Fire Rating Class B. BS EN 13501-1:2007
Dimensional Stability <0.4mm (48h at 70C on aluminium)
Chemical Resistance The unprinted film is resistant to
mineral oils, fats and fuels, aliphatic
solvents, mild acids, salt and alkali for
e.g. diesel oil, gasoline, paraffin,
hydraulic oil, antifreeze, soap suds, etc.
Regulations REACH and RoHS compliant